lunes, 5 de noviembre de 2012

The differences between Spain and The Netherlands


Today I am going to talk to you about things I love from Holland and in Spain I don't have :-(

FREE COFFEE AT ALBERT HEIJN 


I don't know any supermarket in Spain where you can drink a cup of coffee for free (Maybe there are some, but I have never seen one). In Holland it's possible, and since I love to drink coffee, this is fantastic!!!! (especially for my  poor pocket) and of course in this city where the weather is so cold, to drink a free hot coffee in the middle of the afternoon is priceless!!!

MY MUDERER BIKE


Maybe you have read in previews post that one of my favourites hobbies is riding a bike. Of course in Spain I could to do the same, but it's more difficult for two main reasons: Firstly, because tere are many hills in my hometown. This can be exhausting If you aren't in good physical condition. Secondly, there are only a few bicycle paths, so the city centre is not adapted for them. 

In Holland it is more easy to drive on a bike because this is part of their lifestyle. All people ride on a bike here and the entire city is full of bicycle paths. Besides, the landscape is very flat and the other road users respect the cyclists a lot.

The name of my bike is "murderer" because thanks to her I have fallen a lot of times last year. She is going to kill me!!!!!! But I don't mind, I love my bike anyway!!! 

THE ENVIRONMENT


The environment of Groningen is somewhat different to Granada. In Groningen you can find a park or lake every 100 meters and isn't much traffic so the people look relaxed and calm. Granada is beautiful, with an important historic centre with years of history, but it is full of traffic, noise, stressed people and there aren't many parks where you can be relaxed. 

Besides the weather of the Netherlands is somewhat special for me, because I am from the south of Spain where the average temperature in winter is around 20 degrees Celsius (and 45º in summer) and it rarely snows in the city. So, to see snow in Groningen made me feel like being five years old!!! The last year was awesome since I saw the frozen lakes whoñe the people were walking on them!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario