martes, 23 de octubre de 2012

Why I chose Groningen like option in my Erasmus year?


This is my second time in Groningen. The last year I was studying as an exchange student at Hanze University and this time, I have wanted to repeat the experience of living in this awesome city. This year, I want to continue improving my English (Taking English courses and having intercambios with other Erasmus students) while I am looking for an internship in The Netherlands or UK.

When I did my application form to Erasmus, Groningen was my first choice. I wanted to speak English and in Hanze I could do all my subjects in English, so it was perfect to improve my speaking and writing level while I had the oportunity to practise my favourite sport every day: cycling!!

What I was expecting, was in reality something different. I arrived to Groningen with a B1 level and I felt very embarrassed by my bad pronunciation when I talked with somebody in English. so at the end, I only spent time with other Spanish people. It was a big mistake, because now I know, though at the begining I had had a horrible pronunciation, in ten months, sure I had been able to improve my level, although It's true thanks to my hard work at Hanze, I could to improve a little my level, but It was not enough, I came back to spain talking English worse than an Indian.

For this reason I have wanted to come back to Groningen again. Here, there are a lot of posibilities to improve your level (Intercambios through ESN and facebook, private teachers, international parties and excellent courses support at Hanze), besides, as I said before, I like to ride bikes (while I listen music and take picures). Groningen, furthermore, is a university city and there are a lot of parties and international activities where you can put in practice  what you have learned.

WELCOME TO GRONINGEN!!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario